To schedule an INS examination please call 508-270-8844
What do I need to bring with me to the INS examination?
- Passport picture (please refer to photo standards)
- Any medical and vaccination records that you have.
If you do not have a copy of your vaccination records, please contact your doctor or your family and ask them to fax or mail it to us or to you.
What does the examination include?
- A complete medical history.
- A review of all health & vaccine documents
- A general physical exam.
- Two blood tests: for HIV and for syphilis (RPR). (For for age 15 years and up).
- Tuberculosis skin test called PPD. This skin test must be checked after two or three days. If this skin test is positive, a chest X-Ray is required. For people with positive Tuberculosis skin test six months of treatment with medication to prevent tuberculosis is recommended. This is usually done by your doctor after you complete INS examination.
- Vaccinations: all aliens are required to be up to date on vaccinations. The vaccinations requirement depends on age. The INS provides a chart which explains which vaccines you need according to your age. The cost of administration of standard vaccinations are included in the price of the INS exam.
Sometimes additional vaccinations may be needed. It depends on what vaccines are required and what vaccines the applicant has already received.Vaccines are expensive and we may charge the cost of some of the additional vaccines that you may need.
How long does it take to complete all paperwork?
The physical exam, PPD test reading, blood test results and paperwork completion takes about 2-3 days
If PPD skin test is positive then a chest x-ray is required, which may prolong the process for a few more days.
With the completion of the process INS forms and papers will be placed in a sealed envelope, which should be presented to your lawyer or Immigration Officer. The applicant will receive the copies of the vaccination records, blood test results, and other papers (chest x-ray results and other).